superBoxon is a GNU/Linux distribution based on the Slackware 64 current but with the following goals:
- Stay as close as possible of the UN*X/POSIX philosophy,
- KISS principles,
- Use simple and Human friendly BSD like init system,
- Designed for desktop computers, not for mobiles or tablets devices,
- One program for one task,
- Simple text and Human friendly configuration files,
- Traditional graphic user interface (GUI),
- No overbloated security measures like PAM, systemd/elogind, SELinux, etc...
- Sandbox and virtual machines when you have to go trough external networks,
- No tracking, no monitoring, no use of personal data for commercial or other purposes,
- Rolling release based on Slackware 64 current every two months,
- Easy way to install additional software,
- Modules based structure and persistent data mechanism,
The purpose is to take the programs that best fit my needs and then put them together in an independent Linux distribution, a kind of « frankendistro » that will be able to evolve efficiently the way I like.
No need to be the best, just do the job as well as possible.